Posted to fx-dev@ws.apache.org by Adam Bron <br...@gmx.net> on 2005/09/05 10:53:54 UTC

2 xml elements in one encryption element

Hello,

I am currently trying to encrypt 2 successive xml-elements, e.g.
<Usename>xxx</Usename>
<Passwort>xxx</Passwort>
within one <xenc:EncryptedData> element.

However by specifying these elements in the <parameter
name="encryptionParts"
one gets the 2 xml-elements to be encrypted within 2 <xenc:EncryptedData>
elements.

Does someone know how to specifiy that 2 successive xml elements should be
encripted within one encription element?

Thanks in Advance,
Adam Bron

+++ GMX - die erste Adresse f�r Mail, Message, More +++

Encrypting XML Element Content (Elements)

Posted by Adam Bron <br...@gmx.net>.
Hello,

in the XML Encryption Syntax and Processing specification
http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlenc-core/#sec-eg-Element-Content
there should be possible to encrypt the content of an element
while preserving the top-level element tag. E.g.:

  <CreditCard Limit='5,000' Currency='USD'>
      <EncryptedData xmlns='http://www.w3.org/2001/04/xmlenc#'
       Type='http://www.w3.org/2001/04/xmlenc#Content'>
        <CipherData>
          <CipherValue>A23B45C56</CipherValue>
        </CipherData>
      </EncryptedData>
    </CreditCard>

Whereas with the <encriptionParts> mechanism, the whole specified element
is encrypted.

Is there a possibility with wss4j to encrypt only the content of a message?

Re: 2 xml elements in one encryption element

Posted by Werner Dittmann <We...@t-online.de>.
Addam,

AFAIK this is only possible if you wrap both into another
element. The WSS specs reuse the W3C XML-Encryption specs
in that area. I'm not sure if this spec allows to
specify more than one XML element in one EncryptedData
block.

Regards,
Werner

Posted by Werner Dittmann <We...@t-online.de>.