Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by "JS.staff" <js...@ecclescollege.ac.uk> on 2004/12/21 20:44:29 UTC

Renaming files on win32[Scanned]

Eh?

The percentage growth in Klingon speakers is much higher than the percentage growth in English speakers. I therefore propose we switch the primary documentation language to Klingon...

Seriously: many systems (like RDBMS's) have selectable collation orders - you can choose case-insensitivity if you want. Or not.

SVN is cool, it's a fly in the ointment that it's always so Unix orientated.

Unix is *a* solution. Too many people around here think it's *the* solution.

John
(Win32 client and server. I don't speak Klingon)

Re: Renaming files on win32[Scanned]

Posted by Erik Huelsmann <eh...@gmail.com>.
> Seriously: many systems (like RDBMS's) have selectable collation orders - you can choose case-insensitivity if you want. Or not.

> SVN is cool, it's a fly in the ointment that it's always so Unix orientated.

> Unix is *a* solution. Too many people around here think it's *the* solution.

Umm; not on the development team, actually, but the percentage of unix
users also contributing to the project is a *lot* higher than the
percentage of Win32 users. If all those users started to help out when
we (the dev team) ask for help with reproduction of problems (instead
of never answering to our requests after the initial report) or even
started contributing, we'd be able to handle a *lot* more of the
windows specific problems.

bye,

Erik.