Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Scott Stark <ss...@us.ibm.com> on 2011/12/02 17:31:09 UTC

Ant execution error: "Files was unexpected at this time."

Hi, I've just installed Ant 1.8.2 on my new Windows 7 machine, and set
ANT_HOME to c:\apache-ant-1.8.2

When I run any Ant commands I get the message "Files was unexpected at
this time." Any idea what's wrong? I couldn't find anything useful on the
web about this error.

thanks,
Scott

Re: Ant execution error: "Files was unexpected at this time."

Posted by Scott Stark <ss...@us.ibm.com>.
Ah I figured it out -- ant.bat was pointing to the 32 bit version of Java;
changing JAVA_HOME to the 64 bit version fixed it.

Gotta love that error message!

thanks,
Scott

Scott Stark/Oakland/IBM@IBMUS
sstark@us.ibm.com
400 W. 15th Street, 12th floor
Austin, TX 78722
1-512-469-6512 (T/L: 595-6512)

From:
Andy Stevens <in...@googlemail.com>
To:
Ant Users List <us...@ant.apache.org>
Date:
12/02/2011 12:07 PM
Re: Ant execution error: "Files was unexpected at this time."

At a guess, the unexpected "Files" is part of "C:\Program Files" and
there's a batch file somewhere that needs quotes adding around some
command? But don't bet any money on that as I've never even seen Windows
7,
much less run Ant on it...

Andy

Posted by Andy Stevens <in...@googlemail.com>.