Posted to dev@taverna.apache.org by alaninmcr <al...@googlemail.com> on 2015/02/23 14:26:34 UTC

new github repositories

Hello everyone (but probably mainly Stian)

Can you say when it is OK to start testing the new repositories? There
seem to be ongoing commits.

Thanks,

Alan

Re: new github repositories

Posted by Stian Soiland-Reyes <st...@apache.org>.
On 23 February 2015 at 14:38, Stian Soiland-Reyes <st...@apache.org> wrote:

> For the wikis I think the idea is to move the space

.. to move the space

http://dev.mygrid.org.uk/wiki/display/developer/

as is (but renamed to TAV). There are a few strange pages under

http://dev.mygrid.org.uk/wiki/display/tav/
http://dev.mygrid.org.uk/wiki/display/TAVOSGI/

that probably should be moved to some sub-page of /developer/ first -
I don't think these should be split as now "Taverna 3 developer" is
just developer and we don't want to make a big distinction between
plugin and Taverna developer anymore.

The documentation at http://dev.mygrid.org.uk/wiki/display/tav250/ is
2.5-specific, but workbench-wise it very much true also for Taverna 3.
Although the documentation describes a non-Apache product - should we
not move it over as-is (with new space name TAVDOC?) and then start
updating/removing what is changed in Taverna 3?

--
Stian Soiland-Reyes
Apache Taverna (incubating)

Re: new github repositories

Posted by Stian Soiland-Reyes <st...@apache.org>.
Legally we are OK to proceed with transferring Jira and Confluence
(bugs/wiki) content now.

We'll have to do that preparation at the myGrid server to get them at
the compatible version with the Apache instances.

We also talked (back in 2014) about merging or not of the existing
projects SCUFL2/TAVSERV/T3 and pruning of T3 issues. Are you able to
summarize your views on this?

For the wikis I think the idea is to move the space

I am a bit short of that kind of sysadmin time right now, although the
docker images for confluence and jira would probably help a lot, as
Confluence and Jira are a pain to set up:

https://registry.hub.docker.com/u/cptactionhank/atlassian-confluence/
https://registry.hub.docker.com/u/cptactionhank/atlassian-jira/

Re: new github repositories

Posted by alaninmcr <al...@googlemail.com>.

Re: new github repositories

Posted by Stian Soiland-Reyes <st...@apache.org>.
At this point only these repositories are expected to be building
(with -Drat.skip=true), as they have updated org.apache.taverna poms:

maven-parent
language
osgi
engine
common-activities
commandline

... but the last 3 might be broken right now due to the recent
org.apache.taverna.scufl2 package renaming. (hint hint.. :-) )

I've had a stab at updating taverna-server's POMs (it should only need
the above repos), but not yet tested it.

Jenkins builds added:

http://taverna.incubator.apache.org/download/code/#snapshot-builds
https://builds.apache.org/user/stain/my-views/view/taverna/

Jenkins is slowly crunching through.. I had to restrict the jobs to
the 'ubuntu' nodes as the other nodes didn't have 'git' installed.

Snapshots are appearing in
http://repository.apache.org/snapshots/org/apache/taverna/

I had to turn of rat tests as it seemed to dislike the private m2
repository Jenkins puts in .repository of the workspace..

To make a new Jenkins job - clone incubator-taverna-language and call
it incubator-taverna-$repositoryname (-something) and modify the two
URLs for git and githubweb.  (Don't fill in the github pull request
fields, as I believe that could mean snapshot-deployment of pull
requests)

Re: new github repositories

Posted by alaninmcr <al...@googlemail.com>.
> .. but as I said in the long email - as a committer you should not use
> the GitHub repositories, but the [https] repositories from apache.org
> in
>
> http://taverna.incubator.apache.org/download/code/

I did and the changes went in :)

Alan