Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Jochen Wendebaum <jo...@wendebaum.de> on 2006/11/20 14:49:09 UTC

wildcard authz

Hi all,

I am looking exactly for the same solution as someone did in May in this
thread:

http://subversion.tigris.org/servlets/ReadMsg?list=users&msgNo=35110

Additionally, I found this thread:

http://subversion.tigris.org/servlets/ReadMsg?listName=users&msgNo=27861

I did search in the devs@* list, but did not find any further information.

My Problem is that I want to restrict read(!) access to subdirectories in
the database, which occur in many directories at root level or below. It
is not possible, to restructure the whole database in order to put these
dirs at root level having then a easy possibility to restrict access. So I
looking for something like:

   [/]
   @team = rw

   [/*/tags/]
   @team = r

Has something like the mentioned ideas become possible or is it in
planning?

Kind regards,

Jochen Wendebaum
jochen@wendebaum.de

Re: wildcard authz

Posted by Jochen Wendebaum <jo...@wendebaum.de>.
Hi,

there is nobody with any knowledge about this?

On Mon, 20 Nov 2006 15:49:09 +0100, Jochen Wendebaum <jo...@wendebaum.de>
wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am looking exactly for the same solution as someone did in May in this
> thread:
>
> http://subversion.tigris.org/servlets/ReadMsg?list=users&msgNo=35110
>
> Additionally, I found this thread:
>
> http://subversion.tigris.org/servlets/ReadMsg?listName=users&msgNo=27861
>
> I did search in the devs@* list, but did not find any further
> information.
>
> My Problem is that I want to restrict read(!) access to subdirectories
> in the database, which occur in many directories at root level or below.
> It is not possible, to restructure the whole database in order to put
> these dirs at root level having then a easy possibility to restrict
> access. So I looking for something like:
>
>    [/]
>    @team = rw
>
>    [/*/tags/]
>    @team = r
>

> Has something like the mentioned ideas become possible or is it in
> planning?
>

> Kind regards,
>
> Jochen Wendebaum
> jochen@wendebaum.de