Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Christian Schubert <jo...@gmail.com> on 2005/06/17 10:32:15 UTC

Portlet including an JDBC Connection

Hi Folks,

i want to develop a portlet with a small workflow, a few designed
screens(jsp) and a jdbc/mysql connection to store data. Which is the
best way?

Should I develop a 'standalone' Applikation and then include it with a
portlet.xml into jetspeed or should I develop inside the current
jetspeed sources? Should I copy and modify the JSP Portlet included in
Jetspeed?

And how do i ensure that the mysql Driver ist in place?

Any help is appreciated :-)

Regards
Christian

Re: Portlet including an JDBC Connection

Posted by James Liao <ji...@gmail.com>.
Hi perry,
Are you using JetSpeed2? If yes, you should check SSOIFrame portlet
which is bundled in J2-M3. That is a sample iframe portlet which
support  single sign on.
But I do not suggest you use iframe in portlet, because according to
JSR-168 specification PTL.B, Portlets generating HTML fragments must
not use the iframe tag.

- James Liao

Posted by Stefano Bianchi <st...@softeco.it>.
I don't know if you can pass user credentials.
Anyway, I think you can consider an IFramePortlet a sort of TV screen where you can show any service implemented in jsp and servlet.
But you have received a more technical answer, so...
Cheers

Posted by perry law <pr...@gmail.com>.
Hi Stefano,