Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Dmitry Minkovsky <dm...@gmail.com> on 2019/09/05 15:04:47 UTC

Is an in-memory stream-stream join possible?

Hello!

When I saw KAFKA-4730/KIP-428 ("Streams does not have an in-memory windowed
store") were included in 2.3.0, I thought maybe it would be possible to
configure an in-memory stream-stream join using KStream#join. But I am not
seeing this in the API. My use case is joining streams of short-lived
events that service a request/response flow. The join doesn't have to be
durable at all.

Dmitry

Re: Is an in-memory stream-stream join possible?

Posted by "Matthias J. Sax" <ma...@confluent.io>.
This should be addressed via
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/KIP-479%3A+Add+Materialized+to+Join

-Matthias