Posted to dev@manifoldcf.apache.org by Mark Lugert <ml...@yahoo.com> on 2013/05/11 17:16:18 UTC

Order of processing

Hi Karl,

If a repository connector processes documents, or adds seeds, in a certain order, is that order guranteed on the output connector side?

Seems like if you are using the addseed method then order can't even be guranteed in the repository connector processDocuments method, much less the output connector.  But thought I'd ask in the event the framework.

The use case is I want to index multiple versions of a document in order so that I can diff the properties/content of the previous version and only store the changes.

thanks,
mark

Re: Order of processing

Posted by Karl Wright <da...@gmail.com>.
The order is most certainly NOT guaranteed.

I'll have to think about your use case, but offhand I think the best way
would be for the repository connector to think of every revision as a
separate document.  Then your output connector can choose the latest one
relatively easily.

Karl