Posted to dev@sentry.apache.org by Alexander Kolbasov <ak...@cloudera.com> on 2017/11/02 01:04:37 UTC

Inconsistent commit messages

Hello,

I noticed that recently our commit messages became veru inconsistent:

The format we used to have:

SENTRY-2014: incorrect handling of HDFS paths with multiple forward slashes
(Vadim Spector, reviewed by Sergio Pena and Arjun Mishra)

SENTRY-2015 - Refactor Command implementations
      - Reviewed by Sergio Pena

Here reviewer is in the second line

SENTRY-2013 - Align the SentryGenericServiceClient and
SentryPolicyServiceClient a bit more closely
    - Signed off by Kalyan.

Here there is no reviewer by it has "Signed off',

SENTRY-2017: Fix Sentry e2e tests to use
SentryMetastorePostEventListenerNotificationLog.

No committer or reviewers here

I think we should agree on one standard format, document it and follow it
for all commits.

- Alex.

Re: Inconsistent commit messages

Posted by Alexander Kolbasov <ak...@cloudera.com>.
Sounds like we have a consensus - use the format

SENTRY-123: Fix important feature (Hacker Master, reviewed by Foo Bar and
Ben Hur)
Any other comments

Posted by Kalyan Kumar Kalvagadda <kk...@cloudera.com>.
Agree, If there is a better format for commit message we can adapt to that.
If any one has a suggestions, please feel free to do so. we can discuss
about it.

If there is none, let's stick on to the older format.

-Kalyan

Posted by Sergio Pena <se...@cloudera.com>.
Agree.

Posted by Na Li <li...@cloudera.com>.