Posted to soap-user@xml.apache.org by Chuyu Xiong <ch...@yahoo.com> on 2000/11/29 17:03:13 UTC

About Applet and SOAP

Some time ago, I asked questions about Applet and
SOAP here. After hearing many good advises here, I
got through. Now, my applet runs well. Since some
one asked the similar questions again, I would like
to summerize what I did.

1. My applet do several RPCs to server. Typical one
is like this: SomeObj methodcall(String ss, OtherObj
ooj, Array ar).
2. So, I use beanserializer to serialize SomeObj
and OtherObj. In fact, since SomeObj has its internal
structures, there is another beanserlizer.
3. I test these first via standalone (you can change
a few lines to make it to be applet).
4. For Applet, the trouble is how to distribute
soap.jar and xerces.jar.
5. I can jar all soap.jar, xerces.jar and my classes
together. It is about 1Mb. Since I have fast lines,
this is not big trouble for me. But, it is not a
good solution.
6. I can put soap.jar, and xerces.jar into Plugin's
jre/lib/ext. So, my jar is only about 50K. But, this
also has troubles. How do you distribute these jars
into their places? I think this is a good solution
for many cases though.

Good luck for everyone.

Posted by Rick Fisk <rf...@cisco.com>.
unsubscribe soap-user