Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by "Paul A. Hoadley" <pa...@logicsquad.net> on 2001/02/18 08:56:50 UTC

Precompiling stylesheets with Xalan-J 1.2.2

I am trying to precompile Norm Walsh's DocBook stylesheets (1.29) to
generate HTML with Xalan-J 1.2.2.  I have followed Xalan's usage
instructions, but I get an error at the very end of the process:

---
> java org.apache.xalan.xslt.Process -in file.xml -xsl \
~/xml/docbook/xsl/docbook/html/docbook.xsl -lxcout foo.style

[snip]

Error! org.apache.xalan.xslt.ExtensionNSHandler
Xalan: was not successful.
XSLProcessor: done
---

foo.style is generated, but Xalan will not accept this as input with the
-lxcin option.  Why am I getting an error from ExtensionNSHandler?

One further question: when I get this sorted out and have my precompiled
stylesheets, how do I direct Cocoon to tell Xalan to use the precompiled
stylesheets from within the XML file?

--
Paul.

mailto:paulh@logicsquad.net
mailto:paul.hoadley@student.adelaide.edu.au

Re: Data input with a FORM via XSL and search on the basis of that...

Posted by Matthew Cordes <mc...@maine.edu>.
Is your question just about html forms?
If so, here is an example:

XSL:
<form action="my_xsp_page.xml">

	<input type="text" name="value"/>
	<input type="submit"/>
</form>

Cocoon XML:
<request:get-parameter name="value" default="some_sane_default"/>

Feel free to ask more, possibly being more specific if this is
not what you meant.

-matt

Posted by "Piroumian, Konstantin" <KP...@flagship.ru>.
Hi!

> Say for example : the xsp returns five (random) search results and I need
> run an input form for
> five times in xsl. how do I do this. Please help.
> does xsl have a logic like "count"?

I think, that the XPath count(nodeset) won't help you. It can only give you
an integer value, but you cannot iterate using that function thru the nodes.

The do something N times in XSL you have to use named templates with params
and recusrion call.
You can search archives for an example. Similar thing had been discussed
here.

Regards,
    Konstantin Piroumian.

Posted by Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>.
On Tue, 20 Feb 2001, Tapan Nanawati wrote:

> Dear friends
> We have been working around for quite some time now in finding out how to
> take the form input from XSL stylesheets  and send it to XSP logic.
> <xsl:value-of> is used to get value from the XML document but how to do the
> reverse : how to get an input from the user and base the search query on the
> basis of that!

you're asking to be able to write this:

<param>foo</param>

or

<param><request:get-parameter name="foo"/></param>

? then read up on xsp logicsheets, check out the examples. you'll probably
want to use the get-nested-string template from esql.xsl among others.

> Say for example : the xsp returns five (random) search results and I need to
> run an input form for
> five times in xsl. how do I do this. Please help.

this doesn't make any sense to me.

> does xsl have a logic like "count"?

yes, looks like you need to read up on xslt and xpath.

- donald

Data input with a FORM via XSL and search on the basis of that...

Posted by Tapan Nanawati <ta...@yahoo.com>.
Dear friends
[...]

God is real, unless declared integer.