Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by Bjoern Wladasch <bm...@wladasch.de> on 2004/02/18 13:52:20 UTC

Installation Problem Lenya 2.1

Hello,

I'm an absolute beginner on Cocoon and Lenya.
I managed to install cocoon and Lenya so far, i can see their startpages.

But if i try the following , i get an java-Exception an i don't know where
to search for the error behind this message.

What i did

I started Tomcat and opened the startpage from lenya.
The i tryed to login as Editor (with the mentioned username/password :
lenya /levi)

All i get the is an javaexception starting like this :

An Error Occurred org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException Unable to get
transformer handler for cocoon://lenya-page/default/authoring/index.xml
org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Unable to get transformer handler
for cocoon://lenya-page/default/authoring/index.xml:
org.apache.excalibur.xml.xslt.XSLTProcessorException: Exception in
creating Transform Handler java.lang.ClassCastException Original
Exception:

cause of the fact that i'm totaly unexpierienced with those two programs
it would be a great help, if someone could tell me where i can look , to
find this error an go on further testing lenya.

Hope you understand what i want (cause i'm not a nativ english speaker) an
hope someone can help.

greeting

Bjoern Wladasch

--
Erstellt mit M2, Operas revolutionärem E-Mail-Modul:
http://www.opera.com/m2/

Re: Installation Problem with Lenya

Posted by "Gregor J. Rothfuss" <gr...@apache.org>.
jplejacq@quoininc.com wrote:

> I have a fix for epoz.  What is the best way to submit it?  As a
> patch?  Should I include it in the bug report?

lenya patches on our bugzilla, epoz patches to michi or myself who will
have epoz commit privileges shortly

-gregor

--
Gregor J. Rothfuss
http://wyona.com                   http://cocoon.apache.org/lenya

Re: Installation Problem with Lenya

Posted by jp...@quoininc.com.

Posted by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.com>.
jplejacq@quoininc.com wrote:

>I'm still getting an error when publishing but it seems to clear
>itself.  You'll also have to make a small change to the epoz html
>to get that to work.

strange ... Can you add a bug or send a summary if you find out what's
the problem?

Thanks

Michi

--
Michael Wechner

On Thu, 19 Feb 2004, stekell wrote:

> cocoon-2.1.4 didn't work either.
> (with cocoon-lenya-1.2rc2-src, bundle jetty, j2sdk1.4.2_03)
> Same problem as cocoon 2.1.3.
>
> after logging into Lenya to edit the default publication it gives this:
>
> An Error Occurred org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException Unable to get

I've finally been able to get the default publication working after
experiencing similar errors.  The key seems to be using Tomcat
instead of Jetty.

Here's my configuration:

  cocoon          2.1.4
  cocoon-lenya    CVS head
  tomcat          4.1.29
  Sun J2SDK       1.4.2_03
  ant             1.6.1

Posted by stekell <st...@unm.edu>.
cocoon-2.1.4 didn't work either.
(with cocoon-lenya-1.2rc2-src, bundle jetty, j2sdk1.4.2_03)
Same problem as cocoon 2.1.3.

after logging into Lenya to edit the default publication it gives this:

An Error Occurred org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException Unable to get
transformer handler for cocoon://lenya-page/default/authoring/index.xml
org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Unable to get transformer handler
for cocoon://lenya-page/default/authoring/index.xml:
org.apache.excalibur.xml.xslt.XSLTProcessorException: Exception in
creating Transform Handler java.lang.ClassCastException Original
Exception: org.apache.excalibur.xml.xslt.XSLTProcessorException:
Exception in creating Transform Handler at
org.apache.excalibur.xml.xslt.XSLTProcessorImpl.getTransformerHandlerAndValidity(XSLTProcessorImpl.java:380)
at

Are the people that have this running using some other version of Lenya?
Or have they done things not mentioned in the installation instructions?
BTW the installation instructions no longer match the build.properties file.

I'd love to test it out.
I'd be happy to use the binary install if someone fixes that or explains
why it doesn't work for me.  It has a different problem, it returns
untransformed XML to the browser resulting in a block of plain text
being displaying.

any help is greatly appreciated.

BTW if it matters Jetty gives a bunch of errors starting up

such as

jetty throws some errors like:
[main] ERROR
org.apache.lenya.cms.scheduler.SchedulerWrapper.<init>():132  - Can't
initialize SchedulerWrapper:
[PoolThread-3] ERROR
org.apache.lenya.net.InetAddressUtil.checkNetmask():157  -
.checkNetmask(): Check part: 255

Re: Installation Problem with Lenya

Posted by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org>.
>>> lenya 1.2rc2 (build it from source)
>>> cocoon 2.1.4 (build it from source)
>>

>> These two are not compatible:
>>
>> Lenya 1.2rc2   - Cocoon 2.1.2
>> Lenya CVS      - Cocoon 2.1.4
>

> I never tried those combinations, but I got that error with
> Lenya 1.2rc2   - Cocoon 2.1.3
> Lenya 1.2rc2   - Cocoon 2.1.4
>
> so maybe the error we are getting isn't related to what you are talking
> about.

Sorry, I meant the two versions Alexandros was using
together are not compatible. The only valid combinations
are the ones that I mentioned. So, your setup will not
work.

-- Andreas

Re: Installation Problem with Lenya

Posted by stekell <st...@unm.edu>.

RE: Installation Problem Lenya

Posted by Alexandros Zoumpourlos <az...@otenet.gr>.
Thanks al lot, I've used lenya 1.2.rc2 with Cocoon 2.1.2 again and it worked
(the weird, non fatal, errors at tomcat are back).

I've also tried the lenya CVS - Cocoon 2.1.4 combo. The default publication
opened but the four tabs (Admin, Site, Authoring, Live) had no icons and
functionality (redirection back to http://localhost:8080/lenya/index.html).
Is there something wrong with my setup or is this a general issue?

Posted by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org>.

On Fri, 20 Feb 2004, Alexandros Zoumpourlos wrote:

> I have the same problem (An Error Occurred
> org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException Unable to get transformer handler ...)
> at default publication's index.html page. My setup is:
>
> lenya 1.2rc2 (build it from source)
> cocoon 2.1.4 (build it from source)
> tomcat 5.0.18
> ant 1.6.1

My experience is that lenya is sensitive to the version of the
container.  I've successfully built and run with:

  lenya     CVS head
  cocoon    2.1.4
  tomcat    4.1.29

See my earlier email.

--
JP

RE: Installation Problem Lenya

Posted by Alexandros Zoumpourlos <az...@otenet.gr>.
Hello

I have the same problem (An Error Occurred
org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException Unable to get transformer handler ...)
at default publication's index.html page. My setup is:

lenya 1.2rc2 (build it from source)
cocoon 2.1.4 (build it from source)
tomcat 5.0.18
ant 1.6.1

Nothing seems to go wrong in the building process. I know I can always use
Cocoon 2.1.2 but tomcat threw a lot of (weird) exceptions with that setup
(no fatal ones though).

I've also tried with tomcat 4.1.29 LE. With that change nothing showed up at
the first page (http://localhost:8080/lenya) and tomcat threw the following
warning:

WARN! *** JMS block is installed but jms client library not found. ***
- For the jms block to work you must install and start a JMS server and
place the client jar in WEB-INF/lib.
- The default server, OpenJMS is configured in cocoon.xconf but is not
bundled with Cocoon.

Any ideas what's wrong?

Posted by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.com>.

Posted by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org>.

Posted by stekell <st...@unm.edu>.

Posted by Dale Christ <de...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by stekell <st...@unm.edu>.

Re: Installation Problem Lenya 2.1

Posted by Rolf Kulemann <ro...@apache.org>.
On Wed, 2004-02-18 at 13:52, Bjoern Wladasch wrote:
> Hello,
>

> I'm an absolute beginner on Cocoon and Lenya.
> I managed to install cocoon and Lenya so far, i can see their startpages.
>
> But if i try the following , i get an java-Exception an i don't know where
> to search for the error behind this message.
>

> What i did
>
> I started Tomcat and opened the startpage from lenya.
> The i tryed to login as Editor (with the mentioned username/password :
> lenya /levi)
>
> All i get the is an javaexception starting like this :
>
> An Error Occurred org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException Unable to get
> transformer handler for cocoon://lenya-page/default/authoring/index.xml
> org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Unable to get transformer handler
> for cocoon://lenya-page/default/authoring/index.xml:
> org.apache.excalibur.xml.xslt.XSLTProcessorException: Exception in
> creating Transform Handler java.lang.ClassCastException Original
> Exception:

If you get that error again, try to remove everything in the url behind
...index.html .

i.e. if the url is like ...index.html?jsessionxxx

remove ?jsessionxxx and hit enter.

Sometimes the jsession handling seems to cause this error.

    Rolf Kulemann

Re: Installation Problem Lenya 2.1

Posted by Andreas Kuckartz <A....@ping.de>.
Precisely which versions of Cocoon and Lenya did you install? Such error
messages in the past have often been a result of incompatibilities between
Cocoon and Lenya versions.

My suggestion for absolute beginners would be to start with a binary
package for Lenya 1.2RC2 which includes Cocoon and Jetty.

Andreas