Posted to dev@tez.apache.org by Bikas Saha <bi...@apache.org> on 2016/05/01 21:46:58 UTC

RE: One to one edges and local fetch

Are you seeing it to be blatantly not the case or it happens on some occasions?

The 1-1 destination tasks have an affinity to the container of their source tasks which will get relaxed to node, rack and global based on delay scheduling. So if the container/node that it wants is already taken then it will get scheduled somewhere else based on delay scheduling.

As far as local fetch is concerned. I am not sure if the unordered input is optimized to do local fetch even if its scheduled on the same node.

Based on the above information, if you think there is a bug then please file a jira with the logs.

Thanks!
Bikas