Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Yuya Ebihara <eb...@gmail.com> on 2019/07/26 13:22:30 UTC

Performance issue about DESC FORMATTED query

Hi, this is my first post to Hive community.

We faced performance issue about DESC FORMATTED a table having a lot of
partitions on Hive 1.2.1000.
It tries to get partition names as the internal code and it takes few
minutes, but I don't think the operation is necessary. Is there a way to
avoid it?

This issue happens on only interactive Hiveserver2 and just Hiveserver2 is
not problem.

BR,
Yuya Ebihara

Re: Performance issue about DESC FORMATTED query

Posted by Yuya Ebihara <eb...@gmail.com>.
Posted the same issue on Stackoverflow so that I can update the detail.
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/57250948/performance-issue-about-describe-formatted-query

BR,
Yuya