Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Paderno Giampaolo <Gi...@yoox.com> on 2009/10/30 17:15:01 UTC

bootstrap & rack aware on Cassandra4.1

Hi all, we experienced that writing on a rack aware node we get the
following error:

ERROR [pool-1-thread-1] 2009-10-30 15:48:55,467 StorageProxy.java (line
179) error writing key 13345671

java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: Rack-aware bootstrapping not
supported

            at
org.apache.cassandra.locator.RackAwareStrategy.getWriteStorageEndPoints(
RackAwareStrategy.java:132)

            at
org.apache.cassandra.locator.AbstractReplicationStrategy.getHintedStorag
eEndPoints(AbstractReplicationStrategy.java:69)

            at
org.apache.cassandra.service.StorageService.getHintedStorageEndpointMap(
StorageService.java:982)

            at
org.apache.cassandra.service.StorageProxy.insertBlocking(StorageProxy.ja
va:151)

            at
org.apache.cassandra.service.CassandraServer.doInsert(CassandraServer.ja
va:468)

            at
org.apache.cassandra.service.CassandraServer.insert(CassandraServer.java
:421)

            at
org.apache.cassandra.service.Cassandra$Processor$insert.process(Cassandr
a.java:824)

            at
org.apache.cassandra.service.Cassandra$Processor.process(Cassandra.java:
627)

            at
org.apache.thrift.server.TThreadPoolServer$WorkerProcess.run(TThreadPool
Server.java:253)

            at
java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(Unknown Source)

            at
java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)

            at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

We haven't understand how bootstrap works in Cassandra and how to enable
or disable it.

With trunk version everything works properly.

Thanks

Giampaolo Paderno

Software Factory Developer

YOOX Group

Via Nannetti 1, 40069 Zola Predosa, Bologna, Italia

T  +39 051 6184211

F  +39 051 6184215

giampaolo.paderno@yoox.com

http://cdn2.yoox.biz/signature/yooxygen.jpg

NOTICE: The information contained in this message is confidential,
intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above.

If you are not the intended recipient, please notify us immediately by
telephone or e-mail and destroy this communication. Thank you.