Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by srini <sr...@ensoftek.com> on 2001/08/10 22:45:43 UTC

Servlet Reloading in Tomcat 3.2.2

hi ,
              iam running my project under      <TOMCAT_HOME>\ myproj  and
context is set something like this

        <Context     path="/purejsp"
                           docBase="purejsp"
                            crossContext="false"
                           debug="0"
                           reloadable="true">
       </Context>
and my  .JAVA files are located under   myproj\WEB-INF\classes.   But my
servlet is not reloading. What could be the problem ????
If this question is already  posted please give me the link.
thanks for the help inadvance.

regards
-srini

Re: Servlet Reloading in Tomcat 3.2.2

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org>.

On Fri, 10 Aug 2001, srini wrote:

> hi satya,
> ho sorry it is  .class not .java
> package is  something  com.srini.MyClass but still it is not reloading.

There's two important details:

* The actual class file would have to be
  "/WEB-INF/classes/com/srini/MyClass.class" in this case -- the
  directory hierarchy has to conform to the package hierarchy
  in the usual Java fashion.  I imagine you have this right or
  it would not have worked in the first place.

* Tomcat 3.2.x has problems consistently recognizing updated classes
  *other than* servlets.  This is a consequence of some fundamental
  design choices that it's unlikely will be changed (given that
  there are new versions of Tomcat available).  Tomcat 4 does this
  correctly.

> regards
> -srini

Craig