Posted to user@tika.apache.org by Patrick Young <pa...@gmail.com> on 2018/10/10 08:32:35 UTC

missing medication mentions (tika cTAKESParser) Inbox x

I am using tika-app-1.19.jar & ctakes4.0.0 to populate neo4j with ctakes
event mentions extracted from biomedical articles. However, I've noticed
some  medication mentions e.g., indinavir, zidovudine are missed while
other antiretrovirals such as lamivudine are detected.

The default CVD spots these meds properly though... any ideas why this
might be happening?

Many thanks,
Paddy Young

--
Dr Patrick M Young

Re: missing medication mentions (tika cTAKESParser) Inbox x

Posted by Steph van Schalkwyk <sv...@gmail.com>.
This is not Tika functionality - unless the items above are not output by
Tika, which is unlikely.
Use the cTakes GUI to check if those items exist in the RRF files.
Steph

+1.314.452.2896 (Tel/SMS)

Posted by Chris Mattmann <ma...@apache.org>.
Perfect great job!

From: Patrick Young <pa...@gmail.com>
Date: Thursday, October 11, 2018 at 1:59 PM
To: "user@tika.apache.org" <us...@tika.apache.org>
Subject: Re: missing medication mentions (tika cTAKESParser) Inbox x

I edited the wiki paragraph that describes the ctakes properties configuration file as requested...

On Thu, 11 Oct 2018 at 18:57, Chris Mattmann <ma...@apache.org> wrote:

I’ve granted your permissions to edit the wiki.

Can you edit this page:

https://wiki.apache.org/tika/cTAKESParser

With a note on if you want to use a different engine and how?

From: Patrick Young <pa...@gmail.com>
Date: Wednesday, October 10, 2018 at 1:16 PM
To: "user@tika.apache.org" <us...@tika.apache.org>

Chris, I've registered as Patrick Young and gone to

Is this what you meant?

On Wed, 10 Oct 2018 at 21:03, Chris Mattmann <ma...@apache.org> wrote:

Thanks Patrick, would you consider updating this in an FAQ on the wiki page I referenced below?

If you register for an account there and tell me the name I can grant you permissions to edit the
page.

thanks!

Cheers,

Chris

From: Patrick Young <pa...@gmail.com>
Date: Wednesday, October 10, 2018 at 12:59 PM
To: "user@tika.apache.org" <us...@tika.apache.org>

Steph, the cTakes GUI is the default CVD I mentioned above & it does find the relevant medications. What are RRF files?

Chris, ***good shout***. Made me realise what the issue was: the analysis engine...

I altered CTakesConfig.properties file to point at AggregatePlaintextFastUMLSProcessor.xml rather than AggregatePlaintextUMLSProcessor.xml  by editing this line

aeDescriptorPath=/ctakes-clinical-pipeline/desc/analysis_engine/AggregatePlaintextFastUMLSProcessor.xml

For the benefit of future travellers, I also had to reboot my computer afterwards... the database gets locked otherwise & it won't work.

Thank you all for responding to me so promptly. I'm most happy.

On Wed, 10 Oct 2018 at 16:35, Chris Mattmann <ma...@apache.org> wrote:

Hmm, perhaps Patrick take a look at the CTAKESContentHandler code here [1] and
the wiki here:

https://wiki.apache.org/tika/cTAKESParser

We may be pinned to an older version of cTAKES and/or we may not be flowing it
out properly (we take CTAKES output and then format it for TIka).

Cheers,

Chris

[1] https://github.com/apache/tika/blob/master/tika-parsers/src/main/java/org/apache/tika/parser/ctakes/CTAKESContentHandler.java

Posted by Patrick Young <pa...@gmail.com>.