Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Ahmedkafi <as...@hotmail.com> on 2009/04/23 06:37:43 UTC

Total for Find Payments Screen

Hello Everyone, My first post.
I have been studying ofbiz for a month now but I am stuck badly. I am trying
to calculate the totals of every result returned by find payments search.
What I am trying to do is somewhat similar to the way that the Trialbalance
form of the ReportFinancialSummaryForms.xml (the debitTotal and the
creditTotal fields).  In the ListPayments form in the PaymentForms.xml.

I started by placing the following line under the <actions> element of the
FindPayments screen of the PaymentScreen.xml file.
 <set field="parameters.total" value="0" type="BigDecimal"/>

also under the <row-actions> of the ListPayments form in PaymentForms.xml I
placed the following two lines.
 <set field="total" from-field="parameters.total" type="BigDecimal"/>
 <set field="total" value="${bsh:total.add(amountToApply)}"
type="BigDecimal"/>

And Finally because I want to display the result temporarily on a field, I
placed the following line someone in this ListPayments Form.
<field name="total"><display also-hidden="false"
description="${total}"/></field>

First of all It does not work so I have few question for generous bros out
there.

Is what I am trying acheivable?

If yes, I know the search result is placed in a list Iterator object
('listIt') returned by the performFind service, is there a way of iterating
through this list and and get the amount from each record?

and lastly, I have tried few times but never succeeded, is it possible to
make a form display a field that has not been defined in the entity that
populates it? sorry if I confuse you with my poor discription of the last
question.

Thanks alot your help is appreciated.

Re: Total for Find Payments Screen

Posted by Ahmedkafi <as...@hotmail.com>.
Thanks David for the reply,

Do you have any suggests of how this can be implemented with out reseting?
When you say reseting, do you mean variables in the parameters map can only
be replaced with new value? If yes, I think what I am trying to do is create
new total variable and replace it with the old total variable  in the
parameters map.
Can you please shed some light on this for me.

Thanks, your help is needed.

Posted by David E Jones <da...@hotwaxmedia.com>.