Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Roshan Weerasuriya <ro...@opensource.lk> on 2004/03/04 12:06:52 UTC

CLA problem for a existing Apache Axis C++ commiter

hi,

I am resending this mail because I got a delivery failure for my previous
mail. I have also made the CVS message more clear by removing the
additional CVS messages. It says that "Apparently there is now a CLA on
file for you, but the Infrastructure team has not restored your account yet."

I am a existing Apache commiter at "Apache Axis C++" project, and from
yesterday I am getting the following problems. I have already faxed the CLA
some time ago, and was committing stuff until yesterday. Your help in this
matter is highly appreciated as I am in a urgent need of updating and
committing stuff to the Apache Axic C++ project, for its
changes/improvements etc presently.  I will copy the error what I am
receiving from the Win Cvs 1.2 s/w.

CVSROOT: roshan@cvs.apache.org:/home/cvs (ssh authentication)
TCL is *not* available, shell is disabled
cvs update -d (in directory D:\axiscppdev\ws-axis\c\)
  `Apparently there is now a CLA on file for you, but the Infrastructure'
  `team has not restored your account yet.'
  `Press any key:'
cvs [update aborted]: end of file from server (consult above messages if any)

*****CVS exited normally with code 1*****

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

cvs update -d (in directory D:\axiscppdev\ws-axis\c\)
  `'
  `   +----------------------------------------------------+'
  `   |                   N O T I C E                      |'
  `   |                                                    |'
  `   | As of Monday, March 1, your account was suspended  |'
  `   | because there is no record of a signed CLA on file |'
  `   | for you.                                           |'
  `   |                                                    |'
  `   +----------------------------------------------------+'
  `'
  `Dear Roshan Weerasuriya,'
  `'
  `It has come to our attention that we do not have a Contributor License'
  `Agreement (CLA) on file for you.  Either it was never sent in, it has'
  `been misfiled, or it was lost over time.  The latter is not uncommon'
  `due to hard to read faxes.  We have embarked on a specific effort to'
  `put all our books in order.  We must have a signed CLA on file in'
  `order to extend CVS commit priviledges to you.'
  `'
  `You can find a blank CLA, including instructions for where to fax or'
  `mail it, here:'
  `'
  `  http://www.apache.org/licenses/cla.pdf'
  `'
  `Please clearly put the following at the top of the form to make '
  `processing of received CLAs easier and less error prone:'
  `'
  `  1343 - roshan'
  `'
  `If you do not receive an e-mailed confirmation of receipt within one'
  `week of sending in your CLA, please e-mail secretary@apache.org to'
  `follow up.'
  `'
  `Thanks in advance,'
  `'
  `  The Apache Software Foundation.'
  `'
  `--'
  `http://www.apache.org/foundation/'
  `Press any key:'
cvs [update aborted]: end of file from server (consult above messages if any)

*****CVS exited normally with code 1*****

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for your time.

rgds,
Roshan Weerasuriya

RE: CLA problem for a existing Apache Axis C++ commiter

Posted by Roshan Weerasuriya <ro...@opensource.lk>.
hi Noel,

Thanks a lot for your quick response. I am able to perform my CVS related
activities now. But if there is a possibility of, such an incidence
occuring again in future, and if it could be eliminated if I re-fax the
CLA, please let me know the same.

rgds,
Roshan

Posted by Roshan Weerasuriya <ro...@opensource.lk>.