Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by nonlin <no...@erols.com> on 2010/08/11 08:11:15 UTC

Spamassassion for each site

Dear sirs,

I am new to this list, So I hope I have the right email address.

I am running a Blue Quartz with spamassassin pre installed. I don't know the version. I have run the gtube test and it works fine for my admin email account, it is marking them as spam. but it is marking any of emails for my clients,  yet there are several files like the auto-whitelist, bayer_toks that getter quite large in my clients user directory, so it seems to be running but just not set to take any action. so I assume that all I need to know is how to turn it on. how to you do that?

I have be inquiring on the blue Quartz forum, and I had gotten one replay. If what the guy told me has to be dun, then I would need something more like step by step instructions. but I think this problem is probably simpler then that. but I hear a link to it just in case you think differently. http://www.bluequartz.us/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=493364#493364

Thank you, and I look forward to your reply.

Nonlin

Re: Spamassassion for each site

Posted by Daniel Lemke <le...@jam-software.com>.

nonlin wrote:

> I am running a Blue Quartz with spamassassin pre installed. I don't know
> the version. I have run the gtube test and it works fine for my admin
> email account, it is marking them as spam. but it is marking any of emails
> for my clients,  yet there are several files like the auto-whitelist,
> bayer_toks that getter quite large in my clients user directory, so it
> seems to be running but just not set to take any action. so I assume that
> all I need to know is how to turn it on. how to you do that?

Never heard of Blue Quartz, looks like some redhat related GUI. Do you have
access to a bash? If so, please try the following:
spamassassin -V

This should give some information about the SpamAssassin your system uses.
I guess it's something pre 3.3.x and hasn't been updated yet, so you may
have run into the famous Y2k10 bug of SpamAssassin.

Daniel