Posted to c-user@axis.apache.org by Frank Zhou <fc...@yahoo.com> on 2007/08/21 01:17:06 UTC

Is AXIS2/C what I need?

Hi All,

I am trying to build a web service application in c++,
and now investigate to see if AXIS2/c can satisfy my
needs. Specifically, I have the following
requirements:

(1) The library supports common web services standards
 like SOAP/HTTP/WSDL et cetera. I will use it to build
 a web service client application (web service
 consumer).

(2) It should provides a rich set of APIs for me to
 traverse through a WSDL and make SOAP/HTTP calls. In
 particular, I need a WSDL parser so that I can parse
 WSDL (given the WSDL file or the URL)to get the
 definitions. I DO NOT NEED TO CONVERT THE WSDL TO
 C++ code, just need to parse a WSDL to get the
 definitions, later on I will traverse the parsed
 objects to get the services, operations, messages
 and types (XML schemas) et cetera to build my only
 datastore for a given WSDL. This way I can
 dynamically handle different WSDLs in my application
 without generating the c++ code stubs every time.

(3) The library is in c++ and available for
multi-platforms, like windows, linux and unix et
cetera.

Please let me know if AXIS2/c is a good choice to me.
and how it is compared to gSOAP?

Thanks very much.
Frank

Re: Is AXIS2/C what I need?

Posted by Samisa Abeysinghe <sa...@wso2.com>.
cara wrote:
> Frank,
>
> Hi again. Just to cover our reasons for using gsoap:
>
> 1. It is older software ... fewer bugs. Lower risk for a production
> project.
But it does not have that many WS-* coverage that Axis2/C has
> 2. We used it for an rpc wsdl, so nothing too fancy as far as wsdls go.
Axis2/C focus on doclit model
> 3. Our legacy C++ software developers and integration team knows
> almost nothing about building C++ code with ant (they dislike all
> things java).
Ant was used by Axis C++ project. Axis2/C uses GNU make.
> 4. Axis2 for java was not ready for production so (at the time) we did
> not consider Axis2/c.
Axis2/Java is being used in production, so is Axis2/C.

Samisa...

Re: Is AXIS2/C what I need?

Posted by Samisa Abeysinghe <sa...@wso2.com>.
Carlos Escobar Zarzar wrote:
> Hi Frank,
>
> It has to.. at our company we ceased researching axis due to it's
> development status, but have been using gSOAP for most of our C/C++
> webservices, and of course, they all pack a wsdl with them ;) now
> where that parser is being used I don't know, but I can tell for sure
> it does parse them.
Axis2/C also have the contract first model of development.

> We had success communicating a webservice written in a z/OS server
> with a Windows XP C++ client which was built using gSOAP.
Axis2/C has proved to interop with .NET and J2EE with basic SOAP as well
as WS-* level.

Samisa...

Re: Is AXIS2/C what I need?

Posted by Carlos Escobar Zarzar <ce...@bbr.cl>.