Posted to dev@pivot.apache.org by Sandro Martini <sa...@gmail.com> on 2010/03/17 15:16:26 UTC

Override Settings of the Skin with Json file

Hi to all,
what do you think on adding the ability to put all overrides (to the skin)
in the optional json colors file ?

Currently we put there only custom colors (and only some other values), and
load it if given to the JVM as a startup property, but in the future we
could put there all parameters that we want to override, like with CSS:
I imagine something like: always load the skin default json file, then if
given, try to load the custom file and apply over all the settings, like
"all label texts in bold" and other ... if not too complex.

But all this maybe after the 1.5 ...

Comments ?

Bye,
Sandro

Re: Override Settings of the Skin with Json file

Posted by Sandro Martini <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Greg,
ok, I'll add this to jira for the 2.0 .

Posted by Greg Brown <gk...@mac.com>.
It is an interesting idea, and some kind of global style support would be useful. But I think waiting until after 1.5 is probably a good idea.