Posted to user@roller.apache.org by Aaron Anderson <ni...@yahoo.com> on 2006/03/05 23:16:18 UTC

adding custom content to a blog

I would like to add dynamic content in the form of a random quote and a RSS feed to my roller blog. I am looking for pointers on the best way to do it. Preferably the approach would leverage Roller's built in caching functionality.

  I am currently thinking about creating my own ServletFilter that would intercept requests destined for /page/* serviced by the org.roller.presentation.velocity.PageServlet servlet.I would simply insert the quote data and RSS feed data into the servlet request and access it from the weblog.vm in my custom theme and output it from there. Is there a better way?

  I am also currently using the planet functionality and would like to use it to manage all my RSS feeds. However, I only want this particular RSS feed to show up on my blog and not on the planet tab. Is that possible? TIA