Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by Andrew Grieve <ag...@chromium.org> on 2013/12/19 04:37:56 UTC

Ideas for cordova-vm.apache.org

We now have a VM. What should we do with it? Let's brainstorm ideas:

1. Use the machine for pushing website updates
  - Generating the docs / website on different machines causes whitespace
differences to occur in generated files and really messes up diffs.
  - If we all use this machine for website updates, then this problem will
go away.

2. Have it run a shared BuildBot master

3. Cronjobs?

4. ?

Re: Ideas for cordova-vm.apache.org

Posted by Brian LeRoux <b...@brian.io>.
Omg a webhook for docs/sire would rule.

Posted by Marcel Kinard <cm...@gmail.com>.
+1 for shared BuildBot master

On Dec 18, 2013, at 10:37 PM, Andrew Grieve <ag...@chromium.org> wrote:

> 1. Use the machine for pushing website updates
>  - Generating the docs / website on different machines causes whitespace
> differences to occur in generated files and really messes up diffs.
>  - If we all use this machine for website updates, then this problem will
> go away.

Hmm, this sounds like our doc generation tooling is glitchy if we are experiencing this kind of behavior. So yeah, doing it all on one machine would be one way to get consistency, but that's a bandaid. But I understand that sometimes a bandaid is more reasonable than major surgery. ;-)