Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Stephan Ewen <se...@apache.org> on 2015/08/05 16:11:29 UTC

FYI: Blog Post on Flink's Streaming Performance and Fault Tolerance

Hi all!

We just published a blog post about how streaming fault tolerance
mechanisms evolved, and what kind of performance Flink gets with its
checkpointing mechanism.

I think it is a pretty interesting read for people that are interested in
Flink or data streaming in general.

The blog post talks about:

  - Fault tolerance techniques, starting from acknowledgements, over micro
batches, to transactional updates and distributed snapshots.

  - Performance of Flink, throughput, latency, and tradeoffs.

  - A "chaos monkey" experiment where computation continues strongly
consistent even when periodically killing workers.

Comments welcome!

Greetings,
Stephan

Re: FYI: Blog Post on Flink's Streaming Performance and Fault Tolerance

Posted by Stephan Ewen <se...@apache.org>.
Thanks, Theo.

Fixed the markup...

Posted by Sachin Goel <sa...@gmail.com>.
This makes me want to dig into the streaming API. About time perhaps. :')

Cheers!
Sachin

-- Sachin Goel
Computer Science, IIT Delhi
m. +91-9871457685
On Aug 6, 2015 2:39 AM, "Theodore Vasiloudis" <

Posted by Theodore Vasiloudis <th...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ankur Chauhan <an...@malloc64.com>.
Pretty awesome piece.

Sent from my iPhone