Posted to dev@cxf.apache.org by Sergey Beryozkin <sb...@gmail.com> on 2014/06/18 15:32:03 UTC

Should we introduce 3.1.0 Trunk

Hi

Should we introduce 3.1.0 trunk and 3.0.x branch respectively ?
May be we should wait till 2.6.x is closed first...

Thanks, Sergey

Re: Should we introduce 3.1.0 Trunk

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
On Jun 19, 2014, at 8:55 AM, Sergey Beryozkin <sb...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Andriy
> On 19/06/14 12:47, Andrey Redko wrote:
>> Hi Sergey,
>>
>> Just  some thoughts on that: if we have features for 3.1 already in
>> work, it makes sense to introduce new branch for 3.1.x
>> I might be wrong but it seems like 3.0.x is going to be a mainstream for
>> a while and as such should stay a trunk.
>
> Well, I hope 3.0.1 will be released soon enough to address the issues already found in 3.0.0, while releasing 3.1.0 can take its time, 3.1.0 can take more of new changes (like more advanced Java 8 support Dan has talked about, etc)

Yep.   There’s a couple of snapshots that need to cycle through (Santuario, WSS4J) that once done, I plan on doing 3.0.1/2.7.12 and the final 2.6.x release.  Then create the branch.

Dan

--
Daniel Kulp

Re: Should we introduce 3.1.0 Trunk