Posted to httpclient-users@hc.apache.org by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org> on 2009/11/19 20:43:22 UTC

Re: HC 4.0 GA: IllegalStateException

Natarajan_Valli@emc.com wrote:
> I just try to upgrade HC 3.x to HC4.0. Use ThreadSafeClientConnManager
> for connection management. Any idea to resolve/debug this issue?

(1) Upgrade to the latest 4.0.1 snapshot
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/snapshots/org/apache/httpcomponents/httpclient/4.0.1-SNAPSHOT/

(2) Produce a wire/context log of the session
http://hc.apache.org/httpcomponents-client/logging.html

Oleg

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>.
Natarajan_Valli@emc.com wrote:
> Thanks for prompt reply. I will try with version 4.0.1-SNAPSHOT. Is the
> snapshot stable enough to use in production environment?

It is a snapshot from the stable (bug fixes only) branch. It contains a
bug fix that may be relevant in your case.

> I initially tried to send the context log as an attachment but the mail
> bounced back due to size limit. Is there alternate way to post log
> files? I can try to send us zip file...

Zip it and try again. If that fails send it to me directly. Please do
try to reproduce the problem with the 4.0.1-SNAPSHOT first, though.

Oleg

Posted by Na...@emc.com.