Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by an...@rockclimbing.com on 2005/09/28 23:56:13 UTC

301 Moved Permanently Error -- FAQ not helping

All-

This '301 Moved Permanently' error is a doozy.  Not only is it on a
functional svn install of long standing, but it only happens to GET
request for a resource, and apparently does not affect PROPFIND requests.
Please see the gory details at:

http://www.svnforum.org/2017/viewtopic.php?t=585

I'd cut and paste it all here, but really, the HTML layout makes things
much easier to read, so please click through!  Anyone who wants to can
respond via email or in the forum, whichever is easiest for you.

I'd also appreciate any advice I can get from Apache experts on how to
determine what part of Apache is causing a given redirect to fire when
you're working with a production system that can't be taken down or made
unresponsive by excessive debugging or truss-ing.  I *really* don't want
to have to set up svn on a test server to debug this problem.

Thanks in advance for whatever help you can give,

-aB