Posted to dev@pdfbox.apache.org by Johannes Koch <jo...@fit.fraunhofer.de> on 2010/03/03 13:42:22 UTC

Relation between COS and PD model

Hi,

I wonder what the intended relation between the COS and the PD model is.

Is the COS model the actual data model and the PD classes are only views
on this data?

Is the PD layer supposed to cache data (for performance issues)?

If data is changed via methods in the PD layer, how are these changes
propagated to other PD objects? Do we need an observer mechanism for
data changes?

--
Johannes Koch
Fraunhofer Institute for Applied Information Technology FIT