Posted to user@openmeetings.apache.org by "K, Amit (MIND)" <Am...@mind-infotech.com> on 2017/12/18 05:41:26 UTC

JNLP showing security warning in recording start.

Dear Maxim,

I am pulling latest continuously since 4.x was not launched officially till now.

On that time JNLP application (Applet for recording) was not signed and show security issue if we run this applet.

Now as we released 4.x officially so the applet is signed I think and does not show this warning at demo server.

But when I ran it on my local, it is still showing the same warning to me.

Can you please help me what should I need to do to get rid of this warning.

Best Regards,
Amit

________________________________

The information contained in this electronic message and any attachments to this message are intended for the exclusive use of the addressee(s) and may contain proprietary, confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately and destroy all copies of this message and any attachments. WARNING: Computer viruses can be transmitted via email. The recipient should check this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses. The company accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus/trojan/worms/malicious code transmitted by this email. www.motherson.com

Re: JNLP showing security warning in recording start.

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
Hello Amit,

you MUST update both jar files
they MUST be signed using same certificate ....

Posted by "K, Amit (MIND)" <Am...@mind-infotech.com>.
Dear Maxim,

[cid:image001.png@01D37A67.0907E990]

3.       Now downloaded package from OM server: https://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.lua/openmeetings/4.0.1/bin/apache-openmeetings-4.0.1.tar.gz

On Wed, Dec 20, 2017 at 3:02 AM, Chamberland, Martin <Ma...@fadq.qc.ca>> wrote:
Any fix about that issue.

We get that now when trying to use screensharing

Caused by: java.util.jar.JarException: https://*.domaine.com:5443/openmeetings/screenshare/bcprov-jdk15on-1.56.jar<http://domaine.com:5443/openmeetings/screenshare/bcprov-jdk15on-1.56.jar> is not signed by a trusted signer.

version 4.0.1 release
debian stretch 9
port 5443 (rtmps)

[...]

The information contained in this electronic message and any attachments to this message are intended for the exclusive use of the addressee(s) and may contain proprietary, confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately and destroy all copies of this message and any attachments. WARNING: Computer viruses can be transmitted via email. The recipient should check this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses. The company accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus/trojan/worms/malicious code transmitted by this email. www.motherson.com<http://www.motherson.com>

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax

________________________________

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
As I already wrote:

Javaws -uninstall

Might help

Posted by "K, Amit (MIND)" <Am...@mind-infotech.com>.
Hi,

Thanks for the help. Actually still I am not able to use applet for screen share/recording.

1.       I downloaded latest package from location to get signed screenshare jar(s):

For Ubuntu:

https://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.lua/openmeetings/4.0.1/bin/apache-openmeetings-4.0.1.tar.gz

For Win:

https://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.lua/openmeetings/4.0.1/bin/apache-openmeetings-4.0.1.zip

2.       Extract it and copy “openmeetings-screenshare-4.0.1-full.jar” from “\apache-openmeetings-4.0.1.tar.gz\apache-openmeetings-4.0.1.tar\webapps\openmeetings\screenshare\”.

3.       Replace  “\server\webapps\openmeetings\screenshare\openmeetings-screenshare-4.0.1-full.jar”

4.       Restart red5server.

Is there anything I missed. Or I need to make more changes apart from this.

But still showing same error:

1.       On Window:

[cid:image002.jpg@01D3783B.15A45090]

2.       On Ubuntu 16