Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Tal Rotbart <st...@opisphere.com> on 2002/09/23 12:46:56 UTC

Question: Clean shutdown of application scope objects

Hi All,

I'm a new Struts user, and I've been trying to figure out how to make sure
that my model's clean shutdown is called when the webapp is shutdown when
using Struts. With a regular servlet, it's quite easy -- just override
"destroy()" and put the clean-up call there, but in Struts I can't seem to
find how to do so.

In Struts 1.1 I've been told it has to do with the new RequestProcessor
class, but I'm not sure how to use it and the documentation in the JavaDoc
doesn't give a clue...

I anyone can offer any help, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,
Tal

RE: Question: Clean shutdown of application scope objects

Posted by Robert Taylor <rt...@mulework.com>.
Look at javax.ServletContextListener. The web app calls these objects when
it shutsdown.

robert