Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Pierre-Luc Dion <pd...@cloudops.com> on 2014/12/01 00:39:09 UTC

[ACS450] remove some upgrade path from Release Notes

I'm wondering if I should remove the upgrade instructions of 4.1.x, 4.0.x,
3.0.x and 2.2.14 from the 4.5.0 release notes. These upgrade instructions
are fairly outdated and has not been tested(at least in 4.4). They also
contain errors and some inconsistency.

Unless someone is willing to validate them and fix instructions?

any thoughts?

thanks,

PL

Re: [ACS450] remove some upgrade path from Release Notes

Posted by Rohit Yadav <ro...@shapeblue.com>.
> On 01-Dec-2014, at 5:09 am, Pierre-Luc Dion <pd...@cloudops.com> wrote:
>
> I'm wondering if I should remove the upgrade instructions of 4.1.x, 4.0.x,
> 3.0.x and 2.2.14 from the 4.5.0 release notes. These upgrade instructions
> are fairly outdated and has not been tested(at least in 4.4). They also
> contain errors and some inconsistency.
>
> Unless someone is willing to validate them and fix instructions?
>
> any thoughts?

I think those instructions were validated against major versions so unless something was changed in bugfix releases such as 4.4.2 etc. we should keep them. If you think they are old, we should add a note on the top of those instructions suggesting what you’re saying and if they contain error(s) that you know of perhaps help fix them?

Regards,
Rohit Yadav
Software Architect, ShapeBlue
M. +91 88 262 30892 | rohit.yadav@shapeblue.com

This email and any attachments to it may be confidential and are intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. Any views or opinions expressed are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Shape Blue Ltd or related companies. If you are not the intended recipient of this email, you must neither take any action based upon its contents, nor copy or show it to anyone. Please contact the sender if you believe you have received this email in error. Shape Blue Ltd is a company incorporated in England & Wales. ShapeBlue Services India LLP is a company incorporated in India and is operated under license from Shape Blue Ltd. Shape Blue Brasil Consultoria Ltda is a company incorporated in Brasil and is operated under license from Shape Blue Ltd. ShapeBlue SA Pty Ltd is a company registered by The Republic of South Africa and is traded under license from Shape Blue Ltd. ShapeBlue is a registered trademark.

Re: [ACS450] remove some upgrade path from Release Notes

Posted by Daan Hoogland <da...@gmail.com>.
Wilder (sitting next to me) is testing 4.3.0 to 4.4.2 and is having
some template issues. So I wanted to look up howto in the release
notes but can only find the goto 4.4.0 art of it. you have a link?

--
Daan

Re: [ACS450] remove some upgrade path from Release Notes

Posted by Pierre-Luc Dion <pd...@cloudops.com>.

Posted by Pierre-Luc Dion <pd...@cloudops.com>.

Posted by Leo Simons <LS...@schubergphilis.com>.
Hey hey,