Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Preethi <pr...@gmail.com> on 2014/05/16 00:58:37 UTC

Camel MDC Logging

Hi,

We have a rest service (uses Jersey) to call a camel route. The jersey
service uses a filter to add a request ID in the MDC. The camel context has
MDC enabled. However, when the camel route gets called ,it no longer has
access to the request id being set in the jersey filter and hence does not
print it in the logs. Is there a way I can customize the Camel MDC logging
to use the request id or any other variables created in a separate thread.

Thanks,
Preethi

Re: Camel MDC Logging

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi

I logged a ticket to improve this in the future

In the mean time I think there is some MDC factory you can use to
inject your own implementation instead of the default.

The Camel website is currently down, so I can't find a link with more details.

On Fri, May 16, 2014 at 12:58 AM, Preethi <pr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We have a rest service (uses Jersey) to call a camel route. The jersey
> service uses a filter to add a request ID in the MDC. The camel context has
> MDC enabled. However, when the camel route gets called ,it no longer has
> access to the request id being set in the jersey filter and hence does not
> print it in the logs. Is there a way I can customize the Camel MDC logging
> to use the request id or any other variables created in a separate thread.
>
> Thanks,
> Preethi

Claus Ibsen
Red Hat, Inc.