Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by cs...@hotmail.com on 2008/12/03 01:46:25 UTC

Query ID range? possible?

We are using Solr and would like to know is there a query syntax to retrieve the newest x records? in decending order.?
Our id field is simply that (unique id record identifier)  so ideally we would want to get the last say 100 records added.

Possible?

Also is there a special way it needs to be defined in the schema?
 <uniqueKey>id</uniqueKey>
 <field name="id"         type="text"     indexed="true"  stored="true"   required="true"  omitNorms="false" />

In addition, what if we want the last 100 records added (order by id desc) and another field.. say media type A for example
<field name="media"      type="string"   indexed="true"  stored="true"   omitNorms="true" required="false"/>

Thanks.
-Craig

Re: Query ID range? possible?

Posted by Shalin Shekhar Mangar <sh...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Dec 3, 2008 at 6:16 AM, <cs...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> We are using Solr and would like to know is there a query syntax to
> retrieve the newest x records? in decending order.?

Not out of the box. You can keep a new field in the schema of date type with
default value of "NOW". Then you can ask for documents sorted desc by this
field.

> Our id field is simply that (unique id record identifier)  so ideally we
> would want to get the last say 100 records added.
>
> Possible?
>
> Also is there a special way it needs to be defined in the schema?
>  <uniqueKey>id</uniqueKey>
>  <field name="id"         type="text"     indexed="true"  stored="true"
> required="true"  omitNorms="false" />

A word of caution. Don't keep the uniqueKey as a text type because (if you
are haven't modified the example schema) text type is tokenized. Keep it as
a string type.

> In addition, what if we want the last 100 records added (order by id desc)
> and another field.. say media type A for example
> <field name="media"      type="string"   indexed="true"  stored="true"
> omitNorms="true" required="false"/>

Same as my first suggestion. Keep a date field which defaults to NOW, sort
desc by this field and additionally add your own sort fields.

Shalin Shekhar Mangar.