Posted to users@camel.apache.org by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com> on 2008/09/16 13:26:05 UTC

Re: [SPAM] Re: Custom log messages

2008/9/16 raulvk.soa <ra...@gmail.com>:

> Yep, I just realised that was possible.
>
> Do you know if there is a way to get rid of the full category name and only
> print out the last token on the log file? i.e. print out
> "ValidatingAgainstXMLSchema" instead of
> "com.mycompany.ValidatingAgainstXMLSchema".
>
> I am aware that I can truncate it at a fixed position, but I cannot
> guarantee that my final tokens will all be the same length...

Using this config tends to just print the last path of the category

log4j.appender.out.layout.ConversionPattern=[%30.30t] %-30.30c{1} %-5p %m%n

For more information see
http://logging.apache.org/log4j/1.2/apidocs/org/apache/log4j/PatternLayout.html

i.e. use %c{x} where x is the number of right hand paths to print, so
%c{1} just prints the last one

--
James
-------