Posted to common-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Abhinav M Kulkarni <ab...@gmail.com> on 2012/07/27 21:36:26 UTC

IdentityMapper in 1.0.3

Hi,

What has become of IdentityMapper in 1.0.3? It is not present under
mapreduce.lib. I understand there was a JIRA improvement to port all the
classes from mapred.lib to mapreduce.lib.

Thanks.

Re: IdentityMapper in 1.0.3

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.
The Mapper class is by itself the identity mapper in the new API.
Check out the javadocs when in doubt:
http://hadoop.apache.org/common/docs/stable/api/org/apache/hadoop/mapreduce/Mapper.html#map(KEYIN,%20VALUEIN,%20org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.Mapper.Context)

--
Harsh J