Posted to xindice-users@xml.apache.org by Bryan Field-Elliot <br...@netmeme.org> on 2002/06/18 20:53:05 UTC

Threads and XML:DB API

Hi,

My Xindice client is a Java Servlet. Are there published guidelines
anywhere for using the Database, DatabaseManager, or Collection objects
in a multi-user, thread-safe manner? Sorry if this is posted somewhere
but I didn't see it in the Developer's Guide, where all the examples
appear to be single-thread, single-user scenarios.

If there are thread safety issues to worry about, then I'd like to know
if Xindice needs things like connection pools, etc., in the same way
that JDBC does.

Thanks,
Bryan