Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Alexandre Drouin <al...@orckestra.com> on 2016/06/22 17:30:21 UTC

How to emulate updateRequestProcessorChain with the Config API

Hello,

I am developing a 'Solr management tool' that can configure Solr using its REST APIs and hit a small problem:  I am able to configure pretty much everything I need except the updateRequestProcessorChain elements.  According to the Config API page this is by design and I was wondering if there was a workaround I could use to create or edit updateRequestProcessorChain elements.

One option I found in the documentation would be to create updateProcessor elements however I find this error prone because it would be up to users of the requestHandler to specify which processor they want to use (e.g.: /update/json?processor=remove_blanks,signature).

Is there a way to create/edit updateRequestProcessorChain elements using Solr's REST API that I may not know about?  I am trying to avoid directly modifying the solrconfig.xml file stored in ZooKeeper.

Thanks,
Alex