Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by buzz chopra <bu...@gmail.com> on 2006/03/09 20:16:29 UTC

cross-repository copy

Hello,

I think there has been some talk of this before (based on searches of the
mailing lists as well as general web searches)... but, is there any chance
that inter-repository / cross-repository copies will ever be supported?

Example:

svn cp
http://svn.domain.com/svn-rep/javalibs/commons/betwixt/tags/1.7/betwixt.jar
http://svn.domain.com/svn-rep/some_project/lib/betwixt.jar

where javalibs and some_project are different repositories

My apologies if this question has already been answered - if it has I was
not able to find the answer.

Thanks in advance.

Re: cross-repository copy

Posted by buzz chopra <bu...@gmail.com>.
Well, on second thought, although I can accomplish some of the stuff
I'd like to be able to do with externals, I think that
cross-repository copying would be very convenient.

-AC

Re: cross-repository copy

Posted by buzz chopra <bu...@gmail.com>.
Looks like I might be able to accomplish what I set out to do with External
Definitions. In fact, it might be more appropriate functionality to use -
rather than a cross-repository copy.

On 10 Mar 2006 14:22:40 -0600, kfogel@collab.net <kf...@collab.net> wrote:

> "buzz chopra" <bu...@gmail.com> writes:
> > I think there has been some talk of this before (based on searches of
> the
> > mailing lists as well as general web searches)... but, is there any
> chance
> > that inter-repository / cross-repository copies will ever be supported?
>
> Yes, but IMHO not in the near (1 year) future.  Sorry...
>
> -Karl
>
> --
> www.collab.net  <>  CollabNet  |  Distributed Development On Demand
>

> > Example:
> >
> > svn cp
> >
> http://svn.domain.com/svn-rep/javalibs/commons/betwixt/tags/1.7/betwixt.jar
> > http://svn.domain.com/svn-rep/some_project/lib/betwixt.jar
> >
> > where javalibs and some_project are different repositories
> >
> > My apologies if this question has already been answered - if it has I
> was
> > not able to find the answer.
> >
> > Thanks in advance.
>
> --