Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Paul Smith <Pa...@lawlex.com.au> on 2002/05/17 06:25:56 UTC

Intake: required field problem & maybe solution

Hi All,

I ran into a problem today where Intake was not doing anything about a
required field that was posted with a blank value. Was throwing that old:

org.apache.turbine.util.TurbineException: Attempted to assign an invalid
input.

Even though intake.isAllValid() was returning true.

Well I searched on the archive and found someone else had that problem, but
I didn't see a resoltuion amounst the posts.

Not sure if this helps anyone but it turns out I had forgotten probably the
most important step on my Intake form .vm file. I had forgotten to put
"intake.declareGroups()" inside my form.  As soons as I put that it, the
rules started fireing.

Anyway, just passing it on for anyone else that runs into it.

cheers,