Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Chris Bergstresser <ch...@subtlety.com> on 2005/01/07 05:12:23 UTC

Strange System.out behavior

Hi all --

   I just ported over my previous application to the Commons/Net FTP
library, and I'm seeing a strange bug.  The following snippet used to work:

	System.out.print("Uploading file: " + convertSlashes(next) + "...");
	InputStream in = new FileInputStream(f);
	ftp.storeFile(convertSlashes(next), in);
	System.out.println("done");

    But now nothing gets printed until the println.  I even tried adding a
System.out.flush(), but no dice.  Nothing's printed to the console without a
println().
    Any ideas what's going on?

-- Chris

--