Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Jeff Bowden <jl...@houseofdistraction.com> on 2004/03/09 20:37:54 UTC

Is there any way to "un-add" a file or directory?

Quite a few times now I have gone to add a directory of new code to a
project with "svn add" only to realize that there were some files or
subdirectories of files which I don't really want to add.  What I end up
doing in this case is moving some portion of the tree out of the way,
doing an "svn update" and then moving the files I actually want to add
back into the tree.

It's kind of a pain.   Does anyone have a better way?  It would be cool
if I could just "un-add" some of the files marked to be added, but I
can't figure out any way to do this.

Re: Is there any way to "un-add" a file or directory?

Posted by Jeff Bowden <jl...@houseofdistraction.com>.
Jamie Wellnitz wrote:

>On Tue, Mar 09, 2004 at 12:37:54PM -0800, Jeff Bowden wrote:
>

>>Quite a few times now I have gone to add a directory of new code to a
>>project with "svn add" only to realize that there were some files or
>>subdirectories of files which I don't really want to add.  What I end up
>>doing in this case is moving some portion of the tree out of the way,
>>doing an "svn update" and then moving the files I actually want to add
>>back into the tree.
>>
>>It's kind of a pain.   Does anyone have a better way?  It would be cool
>>if I could just "un-add" some of the files marked to be added, but I
>>can't figure out any way to do this.
>>

>svn revert [added-file]
>
>seems to work for me.

Excellent.  WFM too. Thanks.

Re: Is there any way to "un-add" a file or directory?

Posted by Jamie Wellnitz <Ja...@emulex.com>.
On Tue, Mar 09, 2004 at 12:37:54PM -0800, Jeff Bowden wrote:
> Quite a few times now I have gone to add a directory of new code to a
> project with "svn add" only to realize that there were some files or
> subdirectories of files which I don't really want to add.  What I end up
> doing in this case is moving some portion of the tree out of the way,
> doing an "svn update" and then moving the files I actually want to add
> back into the tree.
>
> It's kind of a pain.   Does anyone have a better way?  It would be cool
> if I could just "un-add" some of the files marked to be added, but I
> can't figure out any way to do this.

svn revert [added-file]

seems to work for me.

-- Jamie Wellnitz
Jamie.Wellnitz@emulex.com

Re: Is there any way to "un-add" a file or directory?

Posted by "C. Michael Pilato" <cm...@collab.net>.
Jeff Bowden <jl...@houseofdistraction.com> writes:

> It's kind of a pain.   Does anyone have a better way?  It would be
> cool if I could just "un-add" some of the files marked to be added,
> but I can't figure out any way to do this.

svn revert /path/to/thing/you/dont/want/added