Posted to dev@cxf.apache.org by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com> on 2010/10/11 13:55:39 UTC

Better type safety on proxy factory beans...

What do people think of enabling

JaxWsProxyFactoryBean factory = new JaxWsProxyFactoryBean();
        factory.setDataBinding(new AegisDatabinding());
        // perhaps not needed given the endpointInterface annotation
        factory.setServiceClass(DocumentDatabase.class);
        factory.setAddress(serviceUrl);
        return (DocumentDatabase) factory.create();

to change to

       return factory.create(DocumentDatabase.class);

by way of a quick <T> on the method?

Re: Better type safety on proxy factory beans...

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
On Monday 11 October 2010 7:55:39 am Benson Margulies wrote:
> What do people think of enabling
>
> JaxWsProxyFactoryBean factory = new JaxWsProxyFactoryBean();
>         factory.setDataBinding(new AegisDatabinding());
>         // perhaps not needed given the endpointInterface annotation
>         factory.setServiceClass(DocumentDatabase.class);
>         factory.setAddress(serviceUrl);
>         return (DocumentDatabase) factory.create();
>
> to change to
>
>        return factory.create(DocumentDatabase.class);
>
> by way of a quick <T> on the method?

I like the idea.   Would it be something like:

<T> T  create(Class<T> cls) {
    this.setServiceClass(cls);
    return cls.cast(create());
}

so you can then avoid the setServiceClass(..) call as well?

--
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org