Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Ellison Anne Williams <ea...@gmail.com> on 2016/08/24 17:16:53 UTC

[VOTE] Apache Pirk 0.1.0-incubating Release

Hi All,

The PPMC vote for the Apache Pirk 0.1.0-incubating release has passed; it is
a source-only release (no binary artifacts). We kindly request that the
IPMC now vote on the release.

The PPMC vote thread is located here:
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/f9321c1ce45c4f696639ecac2eac6acdcfbff6a669281941c9c06742@%3Cdev.pirk.apache.org%3E

The artifacts can be downloaded here: https://repository.apache.org/content/
repositories/orgapachepirk-1002

The artifacts have been signed with key 1FD8849B found in the KEYS file:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/pirk/KEYS

All JIRAs completed for this release are tagged with 'FixVersion = 0.1.0'.
You can view the release notes here: https://issues.apache.
org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12320320&version=12338109

Please vote accordingly:

[ ] +1, accept as the official Apache Pirk 0.1.0-incubating release
[ ] -1, do not accept as the official Apache Pirk 0.1.0-incubating release
 because...

The vote will run for at least 72 hours.

Thanks!

Ellison Anne

Re: [VOTE] Apache Pirk 0.1.0-incubating Release

Posted by Suneel Marthi <sm...@apache.org>.
Posting my vote from dev@ here

+1 binding

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

> Thanks Justin.  I have just updated the ASF Export Classification page
> to add product name "Apache Pirk" under the Apache Incubator project.
>
> We will co-ordinate the sending of the notice to US Govt., and updating
> the readme via Pirk's dev list.

Thanks for that.

Justin

Re: [VOTE] Apache Pirk 0.1.0-incubating Release

Posted by Tim Ellison <t....@gmail.com>.
On 25/08/16 00:48, Justin Mclean wrote:
> -1 binding, willing to change my vote if encryption code issue
> clarified.
>
>> The artifacts can be downloaded here:
>> https://repository.apache.org/content/
>> repositories/orgapachepirk-1002
>
> Please place the artefacts in the correct place [1] That that
> releases MUST be placed in the list area and that maven is considered
> a secondary channel.
>
> I checked: - name included incubating - signature and hashes good -
> DISCLAIMER exists - LICENSE and NOTICE good - No unexpected binary
> files in release - Can compile from source
>
> I see that the release looks to contains encryption source code [2]
> (Paillier) [5], if so has this process been followed? [3]  I can't
> see Prik listed here [4].

Thanks Justin.  I have just updated the ASF Export Classification page
to add product name "Apache Pirk" under the Apache Incubator project.

We will co-ordinate the sending of the notice to US Govt., and updating
the readme via Pirk's dev list.

> Just out of interest why the \u201cwideskies\u201d in the class path name?

s/class path name/package name/

Wideskies is the name of an algorithm implemented by Pirk.  You can see
the details linked from Pirk's website here
   http://pirk.incubator.apache.org/papers/

Regards,
Tim

Update ASF ECCN classification page (was: Re: [VOTE] Apache Pirk 0.1.0-incubating Release)

Posted by Tim Ellison <t....@gmail.com>.
I'm on it.

Regards,
Tim

Posted by Suneel Marthi <su...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Suneel Marthi <su...@gmail.com>.

Re: Pirk export classification tasks (was: Re: [VOTE] Apache Pirk 0.1.0-incubating Release)

Posted by Ellison Anne Williams <ea...@gmail.com>.
Hi Guys,

Thanks so much for jumping on this - you beat me to it this morning! I will
cancel the IMPC vote, re-spin and push the artifacts, and start over again.

Ellison Anne

Posted by Suneel Marthi <sm...@apache.org>.

Posted by Suneel Marthi <sm...@apache.org>.
Thanks Tim.

Posted by Tim Ellison <t....@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ellison Anne Williams <ea...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Suneel Marthi <su...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ellison Anne Williams <ea...@gmail.com>.

Fwd: [VOTE] Apache Pirk 0.1.0-incubating Release

Posted by Suneel Marthi <su...@gmail.com>.
Fyi folks

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
+1 (binding):

Checked:
- signatures are good
- version contains incubating
- LICENSE, NOTICE and DISCLAIMER exists and correct
- No binaries in the source distribution
- Can compile from the source distribution
- All sources contain the ASF header

Regards
JB

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofr�
jbonofre@apache.org

Fwd: [VOTE] Apache Pirk 0.1.0-incubating Release

Posted by Ellison Anne Williams <ea...@gmail.com>.
Email sent to general@incubator to call the vote. Please follow the vote
thread there. Thanks!