Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Sorin Julean <so...@gmail.com> on 2011/10/04 21:00:14 UTC

dedicated gossip lan

Hi,

 Did anyone used a dedicated interfaces and LAN / VLAN for gossip traffic ?

 Any benefits in such approach ?

Cheers,
Sorin

Re: dedicated gossip lan

Posted by Radim Kolar <hs...@sendmail.cz>.
Dne 4.10.2011 22:05, Sorin Julean napsal(a):
> Sorry for not being clear.
> Indeed I mean a separate LAN and interfaces for "listen_address".
It needs to be 1GBit LAN, 100Mbit Ethernet is way too slow for cassandra.

Re: dedicated gossip lan

Posted by Sorin Julean <so...@gmail.com>.
Sorry for not being clear.
Indeed I mean a separate LAN and interfaces for "listen_address".

- sorin

Re: dedicated gossip lan

Posted by Brandon Williams <dr...@gmail.com>.