Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Chris Morgan <ch...@atomicdog.com> on 2003/11/05 15:28:03 UTC

Making Sitemap parameters available in XSP

I'm trying to return a series of parameters from an authentication action
that I'd like to make available to the XSP pages within the same pipeline.
These parameters represent common session variables that are retrieved from
a database and made available to the application for use.  So far, I've only
been able to do this if the parameters appear in the querystring.  Is there
some other way to make these pipeline parameters returned from an action
available within my XSP pages?

Re: Making Sitemap parameters available in XSP

Posted by Sylvain Wallez <sy...@apache.org>.
Christian Haul wrote:

> Chris Morgan wrote:
>
>> I'm trying to return a series of parameters from an authentication
>> action that I'd like to make available to the XSP pages within the
>> same pipeline.
>> These parameters represent common session variables that are
>> retrieved from a database and made available to the application for
>> use.  So far, I've only been able to do this if the parameters appear
>> in the querystring.  Is there some other way to make these pipeline
>> parameters returned from an action available within my XSP pages?
>

> Look out for the util logicsheet, esp. the
> <util:get-sitemap-parameter/> tag. Set the parameter from sitemap by
>
>     <map:generate......>
>            <map:parameter name="foo" value="bar"/>
>         </map:generate>
>
> Search this list for more examples.

Sitemap parameters are available in an XSP with the "parameters"
variable. So you can use <xsp:expr>parameters.get("food",
"defaultvalue")</xsp:expr>

Sylvain

Re: Making Sitemap parameters available in XSP

Posted by Christian Haul <ha...@informatik.tu-darmstadt.de>.
Chris Morgan wrote:
> I'm trying to return a series of parameters from an authentication action
> that I'd like to make available to the XSP pages within the same pipeline.
> These parameters represent common session variables that are retrieved from
> a database and made available to the application for use.  So far, I've only
> been able to do this if the parameters appear in the querystring.  Is there
> some other way to make these pipeline parameters returned from an action
> available within my XSP pages?

Look out for the util logicsheet, esp. the <util:get-sitemap-parameter/>
tag. Set the parameter from sitemap by

	<map:generate......>
            <map:parameter name="foo" value="bar"/>
         </map:generate>