Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Steve Vanspall <st...@crmsoftware.com.au> on 2002/09/30 09:13:06 UTC

org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process takes too long

Hi there,

here is the situation.

I have a special List that cretes Html code as a java-bean is added to it.

This eliminates the need for an extra iteration when the JSP loads, to prepare the HTML in teh page.

This List is kept in the Application scope, and is retrieved when needed by placing a <%=form.getList().getHtml()%> tag in my JSP.

The problem I am having is that if the String that getHtml return is particularly long, a line in

org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(java.io.InputStream, java.io.OutputStream)

seems to take a reasonably long time to process. This has not happened with the previous versions of tomcat.

Basically it should only be doing an out.write on the String.

on the suggestion of someone in the Struts user mailing list, I changes to JSTL tags and replaced
<%=form.getList().getHtml()%> with <c:out value="${form.list.html}" escapeXml="false"/>

this, I expected would do the same thing.

Hence the same holdup in the Method: apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process

Can anyone help expalin what might be the problem here, and how to avoid tomcat using the method it is trying to invoke.

Unfortuantely I cannot find the source code for apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process or the Sourcecode for Tomcat 4.1.12 so I don't know exactly where it si sticking.

Any help would be appreciated

Steve