Posted to user@struts.apache.org by abhishek jain <ab...@gmail.com> on 2010/03/10 11:02:19 UTC

How to deploy struts on tomcat

Hi friends,

I have developed a struts 1 application, i need to know what are the ways
and means to deploy a struts application, if i just copy and paste the war
application, will it be the correct way?

Also if i have myeclipse can it directly deploy on the remote server via
FTP(on linux), and is it ok to use ant,i am new to ant.
Please advise,
Thanks a lot.
--
Thanks and kind Regards,
Abhishek jain

Re: How to deploy struts on tomcat

Posted by abhishek jain <ab...@gmail.com>.
Hi Girish,
Yes i am using mod_jk ,
why! is that not efficient, please reply,
Also i am gettign the following error at times,

"Cannot get a connection, pool error Timeout waiting for idle object"

I need to restart tomcat to remove the error, pl. advice,

thanks
abhishek

Posted by Girish Naik <gi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by abhishek jain <ab...@gmail.com>.
Hi Girish and Pawal,

Thanks for the help, the copy and paste worked, the error i am getting is
that the code works on :8080 port and not via apache,

Some of the code gets delivered by 80 apache though, the one which is
supposed to be worked via web.xml like url rewrite.
I guess some error with configuration of apache will look at that,
Any pointers to learn Ant. any link?

Thanks for the help.
thanks
abhishek

On Thu, Mar 11, 2010 at 8:57 PM, Girish Naik <gi...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I think that for local dev -deployment we can configure tomcat in eclipse
> (the same should apply for MyEclipse), by telling the eclipse tomcat home
> location in the workspace preference. This would deploy ur app in the
> tomcat
> as context / xml files as u mention in preference.
>
> But for QA, prod or remote deploy, i would suggest you use ant or maven
> deploy script. Ant is simplest and could be learnt in few hours :)
>

> Regards,
> Girish Naik
> Mobile:-+91-09740091638
> girish.naik@gmail.com
>

> 2010/3/11 Paweł Wielgus <po...@gmail.com>
>
> > Hi Abhishek,
> > normaly just copying and pasting war should work on tomcat, i can't
> > remeber if tomcat needs to be restarted or it will discover the war
> > automaticaly - check the tomcat server.xml for that. War is a
> > standard, it doesn't matter if it contains struts or spring
> > application inside.
> > As for myeclipse, i don't know if it will autodeploy your app,
> > probably it can. As for ant, You can use it there is nothing wrong
> > with it.
> > Best greetings,
> > Pawel Wielgus.
> >
> > 2010/3/10, abhishek jain <ab...@gmail.com>:
> > > Hi friends,
> > >
> > > I have developed a struts 1 application, i need to know what are the
> ways
> > > and means to deploy a struts application, if i just copy and paste the
> > war
> > > application, will it be the correct way?
> > >
> > > Also if i have myeclipse can it directly deploy on the remote server
> via
> > > FTP(on linux), and is it ok to use ant,i am new to ant.
> > > Please advise,
> > > Thanks a lot.
> > > --
> > > Thanks and kind Regards,