Posted to commits@myfaces.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2005/08/26 03:51:42 UTC

[Myfaces Wiki] Update of "Help Wanted" by schof

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Myfaces Wiki" for change notification.

The following page has been changed by schof:
http://wiki.apache.org/myfaces/Help_Wanted

New page:
== Help Wanted ==
=== Thinking about contributing?  Check this list of our current needs ... ===

===== If you are interested in one or more of these projects please contact the dev list and let us (and everyone else) know that you are volunteering. =====

 * '''Migrate Existing Component Documentation'''

 We need to document all of the components and goodies in the Tomahawk subproject.  Many users have added helpful documentation
 to the Wiki but this documentation needs to be converted over to xdocs for use in the official MyFaces website documentation.
 We need a volunteer to port over the existing Wiki documentation to forrest and provide the committers with SVN patches so we
 can update the website.  Screenshots of the components are also needed.  If you are willing to put in the time, we will work
 with you on getting up to speed with forrest and svn patching.  This is a good opportunity to get involved in an open source
 project and it requires zero knowledge of jsf!

 * '''New Tomahawk Component Documentation'''

 While adding new documentation to the wiki is welcome, we have a pressing need for updating the official website documentation.
 This task differs from the migration task because we are referring to documentation of components that are missing documentation
 on both the website and the wiki.  If you have done some research to get a component working for yourself, why not share what
 you've learned?  It doesn't have to be 100% complete to be useful.

 * '''Wiki Documentation For Server Configuration'''

 Have you figured out how to get MyFaces running on a specific application server?  Help other users by sharing your knowledge on
 the wiki.  Existing instructions can probably be enhanced as well (particularly if you've discovered a twist with a specific version
 of the app server or a specific version of MyFaces.  (No need to contact the dev list to volunteer for this one - Just do it!)

 * '''Wiki Documentation For IDE Configuration'''

 Have you figured out how to get MyFaces running on a specific IDE?  Help other users by sharing your knowledge on
 the wiki. (No need to contact the dev list to volunteer for this one - Just do it!)