Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Charlie Hubbard <ch...@gmail.com> on 2011/09/27 16:28:31 UTC

Building the James WAR from Beta4 SNAPSHOT?

Hi,

I'm trying to build the Beta4 James WAR file to test on a web container, but
it fails throwing a FileNotFoundException
for /WEB-INF/conf/context/james-server-context.xml.  I opened up the WAR
file and there is no james-server-context.xml, and there is no
james-server-context.xml in the source tree anywhere.  It possible that it's
copied from another file, but I dont' see any mvn statements that would copy
that file into the conf/context directory.  I checked out the code from
trunk and couldn't find the file anywhere.  I have found this issue with
regards to running James from a WAR file:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JAMES-1274

So how do I actually build the WAR file properly so it works?

Charlie

Re: Building the James WAR from Beta4 SNAPSHOT?

Posted by Charlie Hubbard <ch...@gmail.com>.
I got the WAR file built after I removed the following dependencies:

james-server-hbase
james-server-queue-file

After I did that I could build it again.  I can't find either of those
projects in the tree so I guess that's the reason they can't be resolved.

As for why the server project isn't building I have no idea.  I haven't
modified any files.  I've only checked out the source.  I'll dump it and try
again.

Thanks,
Charlie

On Thu, Sep 29, 2011 at 1:01 AM, Norman Maurer <norman.maurer@googlemail.com